JRLPhotographer/iStock(COLUMBIA, S.C.) — An 18-year-old Army recruit at Fort Jackson died on Friday night following a “medical emergency” before an outdoor physical training exercise, according to a Fort Jackson official.The unidentified recruit was from central North Carolina and part of the 3rd Battalion, 60th Infantry regiment, nicknamed the “River Raiders.”U.S. Army Training Center and Fort Jackson Commanding General, Brig. Gen. Milford H. Beagle, Jr., posted a statement to Twitter saying the recruit, “experienced a medical emergency” while preparing to do physical training and that “separate investigations will be taking place to determine the facts behind the incident.”pic.twitter.com/cQAEQpchln— Fort Jackson Commanding General (@fortjacksoncg) September 21, 2019“The tragic loss of a Soldier, our nation’s most precious resource, is devastating to the families, friends and teammates,” according to the statement.Medical responders transported the 18-year-old from Fort Jackson to Providence Hospital in Columbia, South Carolina, where the recruit was pronounced dead shortly after 8:30 p.m. on Friday night. According to a statement on the Fort Jackson Facebook page, Providence Hospital staff reported that the death was not heat related.“We are deeply saddened by the loss of one of our own. Our hearts and prayers are with the family members and team mates of the deceased soldier,” said Beagle. “We are providing every comfort and assistance we can to all involved.”All 3rd Battalion, 60th Infantry soldiers-in-training were given the opportunity to call home in the 36 hours following the recruit’s death.The recruit’s name would not be released until next-of-kin notification is complete. The cause of death is under investigation.Fort Jackson trains half of the Army’s basic combat recruits with 10,000 soldiers training daily, according to the base’s website. Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A passenger boards a Long Island Rail Road train in Long Beach (Joe Abate).About a dozen Long Island Rail Road trains were cancelled because of a problem with the third rail in one of the East River tunnels, sparking up to hour-long delays during the Monday morning rush hour commute.Some trains were combined with others or diverted to the Atlantic Terminal in Brooklyn or ended in Jamaica to ease congestion, forcing Manhattan-bound commuters to take subways the rest of the way, the LIRR said.Amtrak, which maintains the four tunnels, is working to repair the problem that emerged shortly before 8 a.m., halfway through the LIRR’s first peak hour of the week, the railroad said.New York City Transit had been cross-honoring LIRR fares for commuters on the E train from Jamaica and 7 train from Hunterspoint Avenue, but that offer has since expired.Service was back to running on schedule before noon, the LIRR said.
Napoli go to Barca for the second leg of the tie with the scores locked at 1:1. Setien insists: “The truth is, it didn’t even cross my mind that this could be my last game. “I am calm and I think that we will continue until the final in Portugal with the same energy as usual.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Barcelona coach Quique Setien insists he remains confident in his job. It’s been suggested Setien will be sacked if they lose their Champions League round 16 clash with Napoli. read also:Setien to stay at Barca for UCL games, but could leave this summerAdvertisement Loading… Promoted ContentFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?8 Facts About Sasha ObamaCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True40 Child Actors Who Turned Into Gorgeous AdultsTop 10 Tiniest Phones Ever Made7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value18 Beautiful Cities That Are Tourist Magnets7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World13 kids at weddings who just don’t give a hootPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti
In the Women’s Singles, number 7 seed, Julia Terziyska from Bulgaria upset number 4 seed, Valeriya Strakhova of Ukraine in straight set of 6-0,6-4 to set up a semi final tie against first leg winner, Tadeja Majeric from Slovakia who beat Omar’s Fatma Al-Nabhani in the quarter finals.Conny Perrin of Switzerland beat Tessah Andrianjaftrimo of France in 6-4,1-6,6-4 game. Perrin, runner up in Futures 5 last week, will face number one seed, Valetini Grammatikopoulou from Greece who defeated Deniz Khazaniuk of Israel in 7-6,4-6,6-1 game.Meanwhile, Governor of Lagos State, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode will be special guest of honour during the closing ceremony tomorrow.While the women’s singles final will begin by 12:30pm, the men’s singles final will start by 3pm,a match the Governor and his entourage will watch.As expected, the final ceremony will be a colourful ceremony with the Local Organising Committee, LOC promising a glamorous event. Secondary students across Lagos State and many tennis pundits will storm the Lagos Lawn Tennis Club for the final ceremony.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Tournament number one seed in the men’s category, Spain’s Enrique Lopez-Perez is justifying his rating in this year’s Governor’s Cup Lagos Tennis Championship as he is cruising his way to winning the second leg (Futures 6) of the competition.Lopez-Perez, who won Futures 5 last weekend, had a smooth ride to the semi final yesterday as he defeated number 8 seed, Maciej Smola of Poland in straight set of 7-6,7-5 to set up a clash against Moez Echargui of Tunisia today. Moez defeated Sasi Kumar Mukund of India in 6-4, 4-6, 6-4 match.Injured Egyptian Karim-Mohamed Maamoun could not complete his game against Gianni Mina of France as he retired in the second leg of the match that was stopped at 6-1,2-0. The French will battle compatriot Calvin Hemery in the semi final. Hemery beat Boy Westerhof from The Netherlands 6-2,7-6,6-1 game.