Australian company secures funding for major green hydrogen project

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Renew Economy:Australia is set to see a massive expansion of renewable hydrogen production, after a $300 million project destined for Western Australia succeeded in securing investment funding.The project is being developed by Perth-based company Infinite Blue Energy, which is planning to build what will become Australia’s largest hydrogen production facility using supplies of wind and solar energy.The Arrowsmith Hydrogen Project, which will be built at a facility in the town of Dongara, located 320km north of Perth, is expected to produce 25 tonnes of green hydrogen each day, powered by wind and solar.Works on the project are expected to commence by the middle of the year. First production from the facility is planned for the final quarter of 2022.The production of renewable hydrogen has been promoted as a key solution to the need to store and transport energy, while reducing global greenhouse gas emissions. Hydrogen has the potential for use in energy storage, as well as in use as a transport fuel, but has so far seen limited uptake, despite rapidly falling costs.The Arrowsmith Hydrogen project is the first of many planned by the consortium, which hopes to have many similar projects established across regional Western Australia. The company already has plans for a follow-up project that will have the capacity to produce as much as 75,000Kg/day of renewable hydrogen.[Michael Mazengarb]More: Massive hydrogen project gets green light after securing $300m investment Australian company secures funding for major green hydrogen projectlast_img read more

Govt to give cash aid to 4.1 million people affected by COVID-19 in Greater Jakarta

first_imgThe government is preparing cash aid for 4.1 million people in Greater Jakarta whose livelihoods have been affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.”[The aid is to be given to] 3.7 million people in Jakarta. [Cash aid for] the other 1.1 million people is to be provided by the Jakarta administration,” Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati said on Tuesday.In addition to Jakarta, the government will also distribute aid to 1.64 million people in the capital’s satellite cities, such as Bogor, Depok and Bekasi in West Java, as well as Tangerang in Banten, she added. The food aid, he said, would be given to people who were not receiving similar financial assistance from the government, such as through the Family Hope Program (PKH), the non-cash food assistance program (BPNT) and the pre-employment card.Juliandri said the government would focus the distribution of the food aid in Jakarta, the national epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, and its neighboring cities.”The staple food packages should be sufficient for the next three month. We’ll start the program two weeks from now,” he said.Read also: Indonesia’s COVID-19 stimulus playbook explainedWhile waiting for the program to kick off, the Social Affairs Ministry will start delivering staple food aid worth Rp 200,000 per package for 200,000 people on Wednesday. Villages, Disadvantaged Regions and Transmigration Minister Abdul Halim Iskandar said he would also allocate village funds for villagers affected by COVID-19.”We’ll distribute funds for the villagers who have not yet received other types of aid. Those who have lost their livelihood because of COVID-19,” Abdul Halim said.Indonesia has recorded 2,738 COVID-19 cases, with 221 deaths and 204 recoveries as of Tuesday.Topics : “The beneficiaries will receive Rp 600,000 [US$37.11] per person [that is supposed to be sufficient] for three months,” Sri Mulyani said.Read also: Avoiding quarantine will inflict greater economic harm, says surveySocial Affairs Minister Juliari Batubara also said the government was preparing staple food aid for around 9 million people across the country.”We’ll distribute a package of staple food that is worth Rp 600,000. However, we’re still calculating the exact number of beneficiaries,” Juliari said.last_img read more