This special monopile was made for Ørsted’s Borssele 1&2 offshore wind farm in the Netherlands. The 752MW offshore wind farm is scheduled to be operational by the end of the year. Sif is producing 47 monopiles for the project, with EEW SPC, the parent company of EEW OSB, delivering the other 47 pieces. Sif stated it is currently in the final phase of the project and is planning to complete the works in early April. Borssele 1&2 will comprise 94 Siemens Gamesa 8MW turbines located some 23km off the coast of Zeeland. The company produced its first monopile in 2002, which was destined for the Horns Rev offshore wind farm. Dutch offshore foundations manufacturer Sif has reached a milestone with the production of its 2,000th monopile.
South Africa plans to leave the International Criminal Court. The announcement came Sunday during the ruling ANC’s National General Council. Earlier, the ruling party had said it believes the court serves no purpose.The South African government faces criticism for ignoring a court order to arrest Sudan’s president when he visited the country earlier this year.Obed Bapela said the ICC had “lost its direction” and the ruling African National Congress (ANC) wanted to withdraw the country from it.The Sudanese president, Omar al-Bashir, who has been accused of genocide and war crimes, visited South Africa in June and was allowed to leave despite a court order to detain him.Last week the government asked the ICC for more time to explain why it allowed this. But this weekend the ruling party resolved to leave the court.Bapela said powerful nations “trample” human rights and pursue “selfish interests”. He added: “South Africa still holds the flag of human rights, we are not lowering it.”Parliament will now debate ICC membership. The ANC commands a comfortable majority in the legislature, with more than 60% of the vote.African Union (AU) has termed the International Criminal Court as biased against prosecuting Africans and therefore commending South Africa for taking the initiative to withdraw from the court.AU has made it clear that it is up to individual nations to make the decision to withdraw or not, with at least 30 African countries being members of the ICC
Promoted ContentA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This DayWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?The Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love With7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksWhich Celebrity Endorsement Deals Were Worth The Most?2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooHere Are The Best Movies Since 1982 You Should Definitely SeeThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World Liverpool know they face pressure from the German FA to keep hold of manager Jurgen Klopp. Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp The Mirror says Klopp has committed his long-term future to Liverpool until 2024, but Germany are lining him up as their ideal successor to Joachim Low. Klopp is reportedly himself interested in taking charge of Germany in the future – seeing it as a natural development in his career.Advertisement Loading… Low’s contract with the national team expires in 2022, the same year Klopp’s previous deal at Liverpool was set to run until. read also:Klopp wants Barcelona’s Dembele at Liverpool Liverpool, however, will be desperate for the German to create a dynasty at Anfield after bringing the glory days back to the club. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
Thus, according to the Department of Health, the region’s active COVID-19 cases stood at only 22. * Bacolod City – 10 Defensor urged Ilonggos not to let their guard down and consistently “mag maskara (wear facemask), mag distansya (maintain physical distance from one another) and manghinaw (frequent hand-washing).” There has been no COVID-19 community transmission in the province, Defensor stressed, and no inter-municipality transmission. All persons will be allowed outside their houses, although minimum public health standards will still have to be complied with. Public gatherings such as movie screenings, concerts, sporting events and other entertainment activities will be allowed, but participants may fill no more than half of the capacity of the venue. Defensor recommended a distance of 1.5 meters between persons. An MGCQ is the transition phase between general community quarantine and the “new normal” when restrictions are further relaxed and become less necessary such as limiting people’s movement and public transportation, the operation of industries and the presence of uniformed personnel to enforce community quarantine. For 73 days since March, Iloilo province was subjected to enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) and GCQ. “Ang transmission limited to high-risk contact,” said Defensor. “I am not celebrating kay wala pa matapos ang problema. Amo man gihapon dapat ang aton panghugot,” said Defensor. * Aklan – six * Antique – 14 It was only on May 16 when Iloilo transitioned from ECQ to GCQ. Still, according to Defensor, the further downgrading of the quarantine level and easing of restrictions in Iloilo is an acknowledgement of the effectiveness of the anti-COVID measures that the provincial government has been enforcing such as limiting the movement of people, the mandatory wearing of facemask in public, observance of social distancing, restricting public transport, prohibiting mass gatherings, and imposition of curfew, among others. * Iloilo City – 19 “Ang aton pagsakripisyo, pagpasensya kag pagpaumod nagabunga,” said Defensor. The same rule will apply to religious gatherings, community assemblies and non-essential work gatherings. As recommended by the Inter-Agency Task Force on the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) and announced by President Rodrigo Duterte, Western Visayas is now under a modified general community quarantine (MGCQ). As of May 31, the confirmed COVID-19 cases in Western Visayas stood at 113 with 81 patients having recovered and 10 mortalities. Defensor said Iloilo province has only one active case left – a 34-year-old male from Alimodian town (Western Visayas’ Patient No. 103). Here’s the breakdown of the 113 cases: All industries and businesses are now allowed to resume their operation – although at only 50 percent of their operational capacity – to “rally the economy…under a regime of public health standards,” said Defensor. The world is still in the middle of the first wave of the coronavirus outbreak, WHO emergencies head Dr. Mike Ryan told an online briefing, noting that while cases are declining in many countries they are still increasing in Central and South America, South Asia and Africa. * repatriates – 35 (Aklan, two; Antique, four; Guimaras, three; Iloilo province, four; Negros Occidental, seven; Bacolod City, four; Iloilo City, 11) ILOILO – The further downgrading of the community quarantine level in this province is most welcome, according to Gov. Arthur Defensor Jr. But this is not yet the time to celebrate because the threat of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) remains, he stressed. There is still no vaccine against COVID-19, he stressed. There was also a chance that infection rates could rise again more quickly if measures to halt the first wave were lifted too soon, he said. * Iloilo province – 20 * Guimaras – zero Ryan said epidemics often come in waves, which means that outbreaks could come back later this year in places where the first wave has subsided. Just last week, the Geneva-based World Health Organization (WHO) warned that countries where coronavirus infections are declining could still face an “immediate second peak” if they let up too soon on measures to halt the outbreak. * Negros Occidental – three * Capiz – six He commended mayors for their strict enforcement of quarantine regulations./PN
The photo is Milan bus driver, Linda Jackson as she reviews a video downloaded from her bus camera on a laptop computer.Milan, In. — School will be starting soon and as the buses roll out for the 2018-19 school year, the buses at Milan Community Schools will be equipped with new cameras. Over the summer, all Milan buses were equipped with ProVision DVR-808 Video Systems. The new video system offers 1080p HD video quality, automated video management, 16 channel HD video and audio, along with wireless file transfer. This technology will allow instant wireless download capability where the previous video technology required removing the hard drive from the bus and insertion into a video player at the Central Office before footage could be reviewed.Each of the standard “yellow” buses is equipped with two cameras while each mini-bus is equipped with one. Previously the mini-buses were not equipped with video monitoring technology. This new technology was made possible through a $20,000 grant from the Rising Sun Regional Foundation. Milan Community Schools Superintendent Jane Rogers remarked, “We are very appreciative of the Rising Sun Regional Foundation for their continued support of Milan Community Schools. Without this grant, the purchase and installation of these new cameras would not have been possible.” The first student day at Milan Community Schools is Thursday, August 9.
LANCASTER, Pa. – The IMCA Modified driver racing to the most 40-point feature wins this season won’t just be the envy of all their friends and competitors.They’ll be the recipient of a Bulldog CT-1 quick change rear end from Diversified Machine Inc. of Lancaster, Pa.Jordan Grabouski won 33 times in earning the award, and national championship, last year.Diversified Machine is in its third season as an IMCA sponsor and also gives $100 product certificates to sixth through 10th place drivers in national Modified, Late Model and EMI RaceSaver Sprint Car point standings.Awards will be presented during the national banquet in November or mailed beginning the following week from the IMCA home office.More information about DMI-made rear ends is available by calling 717 397-5347 and at the www.diversifiedracing.com website.“Last season our Modified national champion won the most races en route to the championship, but it didn’t work out that way two years ago,” IMCA Marketing Director Kevin Yoder observed. “In their third sponsorship season, we’ll see if our Modified champion ends up with a new Bulldog quick change rear end or if it goes to another deserving driver.”
ELLSWORTH — Members of the Down East Family YMCA Dolphins set numerous state and team records over the weekend at the Maine Swimming Invitational in Saint John, N.B.At the state level, Nick Partridge set 50- and 100-meter breaststroke records in the boys’ 13-14 age group with times of 32.77 seconds and 1 minute, 9.21 seconds, respectively. In the open men’s group, Talor Hamilton set a state record of his own the 50-meter butterfly with a time of 25.69 seconds.In addition to their state records, Partridge (50-meter freestyle and 50-, 100-meter and 200-meter breaststrokes) and Hamilton (100 butterfly) also set all-time team bests. Other boys to set team records were Camden Holmes (50- and 100-meter freestyles), Sean Hill (400-meter freestyle) and Sam Pelletier (200-meter breaststroke).On the girls’ side, Ella Montgomery set team records in the 11-12 50- and 100-meter backstrokes, 50- and 100-meter butterflies and 200-meter individual medley. DEFY set a new relay mark in the 15-18 200-meter freestyle relay as well as in the 13-14 400-meter freestyle relay and 400-meter medley relay.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder text
NEW DELHI: Infrastructure for tennis should be made more accessible to the public in India, said former player and former Indian Davis Cup captain Mahesh Bhupathi.The 12-time Grand Slam winner said that tennis is a sport that needs facilities and being a member of a club is not something that everyone in the country can afford. “In London, for example, you can pay four pounds and play tennis for one hour,” said the 46-year-old while talking on the Instagram show ‘In the Sportlight’. “That is where we struggle. In sports like cricket or football, you don’t need much facilities to play but in other sports like tennis, table tennis or badminton, you need to be a member of a club which is challenging and that’s why numbers don’t work in India.” Bhupathi also spoke about the importance of mental training for athletes, something he said was not talked about too often during his playing career. “Mental training is a very important aspect of becoming a professional athlete. When I was growing up, there wasn’t enough talk about it, also enough avenues weren’t there to explore that. But today every athlete explores that area,” said Bhupathi. IANS Also Watch: Caught on Camera: Concrete Bridge Gets Washed Away
THE authorities in Bolivia have arrested the head of the airline involved in a crash last week that killed 71 people, including most of the Brazilian football team Chapecoense.Gustavo Vargas, a retired air force general, has been detained as part of an investigation into the crash.The plane, operated by the tiny LaMia airline, was taking the team to Colombia when it ran out of fuel.A Bolivian official says she warned the pilot of the problem before departure.The official, Celia Castedo, has now sought asylum in Brazil, saying she suffered threats and abuse.Chapecoense were travelling to the city of Medellin to play the first leg of the Sudamericana Cup final against Atletico Nacional.The British-made Avro RJ85 aircraft ran out of fuel as it approached the airport in Medellin on November 28.In a leaked tape, the pilot, Miguel Quiroga, can be heard warning of a “total electric failure” and “lack of fuel”.‘ESCAPING JUSTICE’A Bolivian official, Celia Castedo, says she warned Mr Quiroga before departure that the long flight between southern Bolivia and Medellin was at the limit of the plane’s maximum range.She has now sought asylum in Brazil, saying she is being persecuted.Image copyright Reuters Image caption Paris Saint Germain were one of many clubs to pay tribute to Chapecoense in the latest round of the Champions League Image copyright EPA Image caption Bolivian prosecutors seized material from LaMia’s offices in Santa Cruz .Her asylum process could take a year to be processed, the authorities in Brazil said.Bolivian Government Minister Carlos Romero urged the Brazilian authorities to turn her back.“What she has done is very serious,” he said. “It’s a way of escaping the judicial system.”‘NO WARNING’Six people survived the crash. One of them, crew member Erwin Tumuri, said an initial stop for refuelling in the northern Bolivian city of Cobija had been dropped by the pilot.There was no warning to the crew or the passengers that the plane was facing electrical or fuel problems, Mr Tumuri told Brazil’s Globo TV.LaMia was originally registered in Venezuela, before moving its headquarters to Bolivia. It had three planes, but only two of them were operational.The plane had been chartered by Chapecoense for the biggest match in the club’s history – against Atletico Nacional.The club, from the southern Brazilian city of Chapeco, was founded only in 1973 and had never reached a final of an international tournament.A day after the tragedy, Atletico Nacional said theywanted to forfeit the title.On Monday, the South American Football Confederation (Conmebol) declared Chapecoense official champions of the Sudamericana Cup, the second most prestigious continental competition.For their gesture, Atletico Nacional have been granted Conmebol’s special centenary fair play award. (BBC Sport)
By Frederick HalleyTORONTO, Canada – When the International Cricket Council (ICC) Under-19 World Cup bowls off in South Africa on January 17, three players with Guyanese roots will be part of the Canadian squad vying for supremacy in the prestigious tournament. The 15-member squad departed for South Africa last Friday.The three are skipper Ashtan Deosammy, Raqib Shamsudeen and Nicholas Manohar, all products of Tranzac Cricket Academy in the Toronto District Cricket Association League.NICHOLAS MANOHARDeosammy is one of four players who participated in the 2018 tournament, played in New Zealand, the others being Randhir Sandhu, Arshdeep Dhaliwal and Rishiv Joshi.Deosammy also captained the Canadian Under-19 side which qualified by winning the Americas Region Qualification tournament in Toronto in July last year, defeating the USA by five wickets to go unbeaten through the five-team competition, which included Bermuda, Cayman Islands and Argentina.Shamsudeen, whose omission from the team for the last World Cup drew criticisms in some quarters, was on the reserve list in 2018. He also plays for Guyana’s Everest Cricket Club during March breaks.The left-handed Manohar, a leg-break googly bowler, played against Argentina in the Americas Regional qualifiers.This year marks the thirteenth edition of the tournament and South Africa’s second occasion as hosts. South Africa hosted the second edition which was held in 1998, ten years after the 1988 inaugural competition. Canada’s 2020 participation will be its sixth appearance as a team country. Team Canada had participated in the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup’s 2002, 2004, 2010, 2014, 2016 and 2018. Canadian players had also been members of the ICC Associates XI Squads that had participated in the 1988 inaugural tournament and again in 2000.The sixteen participating teams at the ICC 2020 Under-19 World Cup will be split into four groups for the tournament’s preliminary rounds. The top two teams from each group will advance to the Super League, with the bottom two from each group progressing to the Plate League.Canada will play their preliminary round matches in the tournament’s Group D. The Canadians will face the United Arab Emirates on January 18, hosts South Africa on January 22 and Afghanistan on January 24.Raqib ShamsudeenPrior to their departure the Canadian players were presented with their official Team Canada caps at a January 2 Cricket Canada-hosted function. The players and their management staff were also treated to a Bukhara Restaurant farewell dinner by Cricket Canada officials including president Ranjit Saini, Board directors Mohammed Shaikh and Ranjit Chaudhri,as well as General Manager Ingleton Liburd.Canada’s 15-member squad: Astan Deosammy (captain), Akhil Kumar, Arshdeep Dhaliwal, Ayush Verma, Benjamin Calitz, Eshan Sensarma, Gurjot Gosal, Mihir Patel, Muhammad Kamal, Nicholas Manohar, Randhir Sandhu, Raqib Shamsudeen, Rishiv Joshi, Udaybir Walia and Harmandeep Singh Bedi. The manager is Anil Khanna, head coach Farouk Kirmani, while the assistant coach is Kulbir Jaswal. Shah Zafar will serve as analyst, Tejash Patel as physio.